Our sixth form at Northolt High is a small provision which offers excellent opportunities for students to progress to university or employment.
Whilst it is primarily designed for existing students at the school, we also welcome applications from external applicants. ALPS, the system for measuring school performance, indicates that our students make outstanding progress from their starting points in our sixth form. The personalised information, advice and guidance we provide means that every student is well supported on their sixth form journey.
Why join our sixth form?
- You will experience quality teaching and learning, tailored to your particular needs by a dedicated, experienced and successful teaching team.
- We support students with university applications, including for Oxbridge and Russell Group universities.
- Our class sizes are small which means that we are able to closely monitor and review your progress and provide you with all the support that you need.
- Our extra-curricular and enrichment programme means that you will be well prepared and ready by the time that you leave us for the next chapter in your life.
From September 2020 Northolt High School in partnership with Future Stars are pleased to be offering the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma featuring Basketball and Volleyball. These courses offer the opportunity to train and play while at the same time gaining a high level qualification.
The Sporting Excellence Academy Programme for 16-19 year old elite athletes gives the opportunity for aspiring basketball and volleyball athletes to have daily access to high quality coaching and an elite competition programme alongside a full time academic provision.
The Sporting Excellence Academy Programme is provided by Future Stars, a charity which provides specialist programmes for elite performance athletes.
For basketball performers, the sporting provision is provided by London United which has a strong history of delivering full time academy basketball programmes and providing unique opportunities, experiences and exposure for the young student athletes on their programmes including both domestic and International competition.
For Volleyball performers, the sports provision is provided by IBB Polonia London Volleyball club who are not only the reigning English champions, but also the first British team to compete in the CEV Volleyball Champions League.
The multisport programme creates an environment in which aspiring elite sports athletes can continue to develop their athletic performance alongside full-time academic programmes in a fully supported environment. The entire programme takes place at Northolt High School which has an excellent record of sixth form education results.
Students have the opportunity to complete a Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport and/or a variety of A Levels.
The Sporting Excellence Academy Programme provides young aspiring athletes with:
- a fully tailored academic programme to ensure integration between students' athletic and academic performance;
- an average of 8 hours per week of on court training delivered by specialist coaching staff;
- a strength and conditioning programme tailored to individual requirements;
- video analysis sessions using the latest statistical and analytical software;
- high level competitive fixtures;
- specialist advice and guidance to support exit and progression routes for both the US College system and UK Universities.
We are currently enrolling for the 2020/2021 season & academic year. Prospective students must have gained 5 Grade 5+ passes at GCSE level for the BTEC and for A levels they must have gained at least 5 Grade 5+ passes at GCSE including English Language and Mathematics, with at least a Grade 6 in any subject they wish to study at A level.
If you are interested in enrolling please see www.futurestarsacademy.eu or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the courses we offer and how to apply, please visit our sixth form admissions page here:
Preparing yourself for sixth form study
We have created resources for all of our students in Year 11 which are linked to the courses which they have told us they will be studying next year, whether here or at other institutions. The following three booklets contain the work for this. Please make sure that you complete the work relevant to your course next year so that you are well prepared before you start in September.